I stumbled upon the Koo-Di Sun and Sleep Bubble Cot on Jojo Maman Bebe; the minute we arrived at the hotel and saw the travel cot they provided I was so glad I bought it!
So...what is it exactly?
A mini pop up tent for your baby to sleep or relax in, with the added benefit of blocking out harmful UVA and UVB rays.
The reasons we loved it
1) It weighs less than 2.5kg and folds into a compact carry bag
2) It takes a couple of minutes to put together. You pull the tent out which pops up in 1 second, and then feed thin poles into the marked out sleeves to give it structure. It comes with quite a thin mattress, but you can buy an inflatable one seperately if you wanted.
3) It can be popped up anywhere as a place for your baby to sleep...the park, at a family members house...you could even use it at the airport if you had horrible delays!
4) Once your baby has grown out of it, it can be used as a play den or taken to the park to provide shade for little ones.
5) It zips up to protect from mosquitoes and also has a second zip up layer that is a black out blind. The black out blind protects from 93% of UVA and UVB rays. We also placed a black muslin blanket over the top to make it a little darker if it was quite bright.
6) We used it inside the travel cot provided by the hotel. The travel cot mattress being underneath provided a little extra comfort and I didn't have to worry he would be able to climb out as he had just started trying to move at this point. The only downside to doing this was it was a little tight when getting James out the cot as the opening to the Pop-Up Cot is at the side.
A few notes
This is supposed to be used from 6 -18 months, and you can buy the Pop-Up Travel Bassinet for birth - 6 months. The bassinet looks really good because the opening is at the top rather than the side meaning you could place this in a hotel travel cot and still easily get your baby out.
I hope you found this review useful
Where else you can find me: