But afterwards you're left feeling deflated and saggy (or at least I was). It can be very hard to accept your new body.
Toning up and fitting in exercise can be quite difficult once your new baby arrives. It's hard to make it a priority when you're tired, your house needs cleaning and you've got a pile of laundry.
But once you get into it, you'll have more energy and feel so much better about yourself.!
Here's how I try to fit exercise into my day:
1) Go for a few short walks throughout the day. It's great for your mood and you will be surprised at the results you get!!
2) If your baby wants to be held all the time, think about investing in a baby carrier. You can go for a walk or even clean the house while comforting your baby.
3) Talking about cleaning....that burns a lot of calories! If I do a manic clean of our flat I really feel it, and lets face it, babies/toddlers make a lot of mess so there's always something to clean.
4) Get up and do a workout first thing in the morning - even if it's only 5 minutes. It helps to boost your metabolism throughout the day and it's better to get it over and done with early!
5) Find short workout routines on YouTube that you can fit in throughout the day. Do one while your baby naps or is happily playing.
My five favourite YouTube workouts:
1) Lose the Pooch
2) HIIT 4 Minute Fat Burning
Have you got any YouTube workouts you would recommend? How do you fit exercise into your day?
Where else you can find me: