Thursday, 21 April 2016
Setting Goals and Pushing Yourself
Sometimes the things we want we find impossible to achieve because we listen to the doubt in our minds....
'Somebody else is doing it better'
'I don't have the time'
'I'm too tired'
We let our self-doubt get the better of us!
I've been plagued by negativity for years and let it stop me from doing so many things. The worst for me has to be laziness; I often feel like I just can't be bothered, especially after a hard day! But I don't want to look back and feel regret. I want to feel like I accomplished what I wanted to, or at least that I tried my damn hardest!
Here are my top tips for pushing yourself towards what you want:
1) Make each day a fresh start. At the end of each day we may feel tired and unenthused, but don't let that set you back. If you do feel really tired, don't push yourself too hard, just set yourself a goal to try again the next day. You do need to take breaks to stop from burning out!
2) If you're short on time, try waking up a little earlier. Whether you want to fit in exercise, your own home business or even a bit of reading... wake up early and do a little before you would usually start your day.
3) Make a list of everything you want to achieve and put it somewhere you will see it fairly often. Don't make it too extreme, start small and build it up once you've achieved something!
4) Do the hardest tasks at the beginning of the day - the ones that require more brain power - and save the easy stuff for when your tired!
5) Try to get a good nights sleep. Sometimes this is easier said than done, but you have much more drive to do things after a restful night! So get yourself to bed early at least a couple of nights a week!
6) Follow other people who are doing what you want to achieve - it will help to push you towards what you want. If you want to be fitter, sign up to Instagram and follow some exercise buffs. Or have a look on Pinterest and create your own board of inspiration!
Just remember to always believe in yourself and keep going!
Have you got any motivational tips? If you do then please do leave a comment below, I'd love to hear them!