I am obsessed with peanut butter, so of course Peanut Butter Cupcakes is my ultimate dream. Cake and peanut butter mixed together? Yum!
I found this recipe on Good Food Channel a couple of years ago when doing a bit of birthday baking for a friend.
Makes 24 cupcakes
500g of unsalted butter (left out to soften)
250g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
500g of icing sugar
4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
50g of chopped plain unsalted peanuts
2tbsp of jam
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/160 fan/gas mark 4.
2. Combine 250g of the butter and the caster sugar (an electric mixer makes this much simpler). Once fluffy add the eggs one by one.
3. Add 2 tbsp of the peanut butter to this and then mix well. Once combined, add the self raising flour. Mix well again...and then pop the mixture into your cupcake cases.
4. Bake for 18 minutes. Remove once they are firm but spring back when touched.
Buttercream Icing -
1. With the 250g of butter that is left, add in a little of the icing sugar at a time and mix well. Once fluffy add the remaining 2 tbsp's of peanut butter and combine for a couple of minutes.
2. Spread or pipe onto cupcakes once they are cooled.
3. Place a teaspoon of jam and sprinkle some chopped peanuts on top.
These and Pistachio Cupcakes (recipe here) are my all time favourites!
What cupcake recipes would you recommend?